February 14, 2008

I met Morrie

Who is Morrie? If you are a bookworm, you might know him. Morrie is a fictional character in the novel of Mitch Albom entitled “Tuesdays with Morrie”. In this book, Morrie was an old dying man. However, instead of giving up, he spent his last few days in earth sharing the wisdom of his heart. Armed with difficulty, he managed to entertain friends and visitors that need his encouragement. The book moved me. The book gave me the encouragement that I need. It taught me different lessons in life. I read the book few months ago but the lessons are still fresh into my mind. I wished that I could meet someone like Morrie. And last week, this wish came true.

I met Morrie. We were able to exchange our thoughts. I was totally convinced that I really met Morrie. Morrie was personified in the presence of my English Skills Training – Basic teacher – Linda Alcantara Amon. She is very jolly and agile. Morrie and Ma’am Linda have many things in common in terms of their talent in encouraging people. I never saw such an amazing woman at that age teaching English in a very effective manner. She is not just a stupendous teacher but a woman full of positivism as well. Even before I met her, I already believed in the power of positive affirmation. However, Ma’am Linda taught our class not just to have positive affirmation but also to put action towards it. Positive affirmation plus guts to do it is perfect and invincible. This revitalized idea of positive affirmation helped me manage my paranoia and cynicism. I do not consider myself as pessimistic in all aspects of my actions. I just wanted to control my expectations and set it to be more realistic. Unfortunately, I was not aware that I am already depriving myself of what others call as determination to succeed. This realization is a revelation for me and I thank Ma’am Linda for making this possible. I will never forget her telling us that we should recite our affirmations daily.

I am strong and intelligent.
I can be calm and peaceful.
Definitely, I will be successful in life.

These three sentences are quite simple but full of meaning to me.

I am so happy that I met Morrie – Ma’am Linda.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons