February 26, 2009

40 days and 40 nights

Today is start of Lent. If you know me well enough, you know how much I value these upcoming weeks and days. It gives me a sense of pride and honor to do what I think is unthinkable. Most of the time, I ask myself why am I doing this? But, I always end up with one answer – I will do this because I need to do it. Maybe, it really runs into my veins to be a stupid person as I can be. I wanted to move on but I always ended up being a failure - anyways, it’s not time to sentimental so change topic.

Tonight, I read a passage from the book (given by Father Ollie) about the word “metanoia which means a change of one’s heart and mind”. It is nice to hear that – change of one’s heart and mind. As a person, I may say that I am not as bad as people think of me but I am good neither. I am just an ordinary guy who wanted to change the world and knows that he need to start the change within him. Lent is the perfect time to do so - to completely renew and edit (as I may say) my life to become a better person. The title of this blog says it all – forty days and forty nights. What may happen is still unknown. God has the perfect plan for me. Just smile and everything will be alright!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons