December 19, 2011

ilocos tour v.01


5.30 PM…when I received those three words from the love of my life. She explained things why she’s acting weird but I guess something is really inside me.

6.30 PM…when I met Aldrin for dinner. We ate at Mang Inasal.

8.15 PM…when I have to log out for Aiza needs my laptop.

8.40 PM…I’m heading to Megamall to watch a movie. The question is which movie. I ended up with “There be Dragons”. It’s a good movie but the execution of the actors and actresses should be polished.

11.30 PM…movie ended and grabbed a taxi going back to CG3.

12.00 AM…on my way to Go Hotel.

12.45 AM…met Aldrin at the waiting area.

1.30 AM…we saw Tina and Jessie. We said our little prayers then we’re off! Yahoo!

            Pitstops:
                        Shell NLEX – Burger King!
                        Rosales, Pangasinan – for refueling.
                        Agoo, La Union – Jolibee.
                        Candon, Ilocos Sur – Mercury Drug.

12.30 PM…we reached our hotel in Vigan, Ilocos Sur.

We ate first at the famous Mang Inasal then we are off to Baluarte. Chavit Singson owns this place. There were a couple of parrots, ostrich, tigers, small horses and a couple of shows for exotic animals.
After that, we went to Bell Church in Bantay, Ilocos Sur. It is an adjacent town and can be reached through a tricycle – lahat naman yata pede ng tricycle. The color of the church is fantastic. The view on top of it is ecstatic. However, it’s quite dramatic because a lot of people are putting their name on walls.

Next stop is Pinagburnayan or the House of Pottery. Here we saw a lot of pots. LOL! Some peeps also demonstrated on how to do a pot out of mud. Super galing! This is where I bought some of my pasalubong to my community – small mugs made up of bamboo shoots.

Our adventure went ahead when we decided to walk from Pinag-burnayan to Burgos Plaza. We went and see Vigan Cathedral. The bell tower across the street reminded me of a tower along Michigan Avenue. Anyways, we cross the street to buy ice cream! We then dine in a place where empanada is a blast. Oh men! Everyone should try this one. It tastes so good. Do not count the calories – its one egg, with some cabbage, ground pork and the thin tortilla-like dough then fried in pan full of cholesterol. Just imagine – empanada and ice cream! Awesome combination.

After a  while, we (Tina, Jessie and I) rode into a calesa just to visit around. We saw the Syquia Mansion, some streets that are new to us, the lights…not bad with a place like this. 

@ baluarte...

bell church in bantay...

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons