April 25, 2009

My Unique Holy Week

Matagal na ang nakalipas, pero masaya ako sa nakaraang mahal na araw. Ang daming nangyaring kakaiba sa akin. Ibang-iba ang experience ko sa mahal na araw dito sa Amerika…

…the Holy Week in US is really different from that of the Holy Week in the Philippines. In US, it’s still a regular working days. Back in Pinas, it’s a whole week vacation! Darn! I miss that so much. L . In any matter, I found this WORKING FRIDAY useful for my fasting! Haha! At least, I can take my mind out of food and I got so busy with work.

…Maundy Thursday is awesome. This became awesome because I was able to attend the washing of the feet. Though I did wash neither someone’s foot nor someone washed mine (except for Jose), I still find it awesome because I just love it. The activity teaches humility – which I badly need.

…Holy Friday is just like a roller coaster ride. At around 2.45, I was trapped in the elevator. Luckily, it’s just on the first floor. But because of this, I was not able to take another full meal before the clock strikes at three – too bad. Then, it’s time. It is time to go to Metra Station and catch up the train going to Franklin Park. I could no longer say NO because I need to. I was so nervous but then I think I delivered it fine. I got the admonition for the Second Reading and Gospel for the Adoration of the Cross. I was trembling at first but I need to overcome it.

…Black Saturday and Easter Vigil are fantastic. This is so far the best Easter Vigil that I attended. The children are all awake. They asked a lot of good questions – though most of them are in Spanish. The baptism is excellent. Father Eric went inside the big tub (cross shaped) and wherein he washed the baby with water. So great!

…Easter Sunday. I watched the movie Rent. This time, I appreciated the play so much because I began to understand every detail of the play. Anyways, we – John, RJ and I – watched Rent in Oriental Theatre few weeks ago. It was my first time to watch it and I was so amazed. Sobrang ganda! Napuno ang araw ko ng SELF INPUT! Hahaha! I think I need to commend myself for a good job with my self input. J .

…Special things. Yes! I was able to complete the fasting and my yearly ritual! At last I did it again! I think the last time was two years ago. This made my Holy Week extra special! So long!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons